This book provides an integrated symptom-based and issue-based approach with easy access to high yield clinical information. For each topic, carefully organized sections on different diagnoses, investigations and treatments are designed to facilitate patient care and examination preparation.
– Numerous clinical pearls and comparison tables help enhance learning.
– International units (US and metric) facilitate application in everyday clinical practice.
– Many highly important, rarely discussed topics in medicine are covered (e.g., smoking cessation, obesity, transfusion reactions, needle stick injuries, code status discussion, interpretation of gram stain, palliative care).
– Essential reference for every medical student, resident, fellow, practicing physician, nurse, and physician assistant.
– Third edition has new format with reader friendly improvements.