Students cannot make an educated decision about what career to pursue without adequate information. This Comprehensive Version from the Engineering Your Future series provides a broad introduction to the study and practice of engineering. It presents vital information in an interesting and easy-to-read manner.
Engineering Your Future has been developed with the following goals and objectives:
* To introduce students to the broad spectrum of the engineering profession.
* To encourage students to explore the challenges, problems, issues, and functions of the various engineering fields.
* To provide students with a perspective of the necessary written and oral communication skills used by engineers.
* To introduce students to the professional character and ethical responsibility of engineers.
* To provide students with an awareness of historic engineering developments and their impact on society.
* To introduce students to the global scope of the present-day engineering community.
* To present problem solving skills that will aid in the success of students in the classroom.
* To assist students in applying common computer software, useful in their studies.
* To introduce students to a design methodology for use in subsequent design courses.
* To provide students with the latest statistics relative to the engineering community.