Head First C# is a complete learning experience for learning how to program with C#, XAML, the .NET Framework, and Visual Studio. Fun and highly visual, this introduction to C# is designed to keep you engaged and entertained from first page to last.
You’ll build a fully functional video game in the opening chapter, and then learn how to use classes and object-oriented programming, draw graphics and animation, and query data with LINQ and serialize it to files. And you’ll do it all by creating games, solving puzzles, and doing hands-on projects. By the time you’re done, you’ll be a solid C# programmer—and you’ll have a great time along the way!
- Create a fun arcade game in the first chapter, and build games and other projects throughout the book
- Learn how to use XAML to design attractive and interactive pages and windows
- Build modern Windows Store apps using the latest Microsoft technology
- Learn WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) using the downloadable WPF Learner’s Guide
- Using the Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM) pattern to create robust architecture
- Build a bonus Windows Phone project and run it in the Visual Studio Windows Phone emulator
Projects in the book work with all editions of Visual Studio, including the free Express editions.