Chock full of examples that demonstrate how to take complete advantage of modern Java APIs and development best practices, the first section of this thoroughly updated book provides a fast-paced, no-fluff introduction to the Java programming language and the core runtime aspects of the Java platform.
– Get up to speed on language details, including Java 8 changes.
– Learn object-oriented programming, using basic Java syntax.
– Explore generics, enumerations, annotations, and lambda expressions.
– Understand basic techniques used in object-oriented design.
– Examine concurrency and memory, and how they’re intertwined.
– Work with Java collections and handle common data formats.
– Delve into Java’s latest I/O APIs, including asynchronous channels.
– Become familiar with development tools in OpenJDK.