This market-leading textbook remains the standard of excellence and innovation. Built on Adel S. Sedra’s and Kenneth C. Smith’s solid pedagogical foundation, the seventh edition of Microelectronic Circuits is the best yet. In addition to updated content and coverage designed to reflect changes in IC technology, the text also provides the most comprehensive, flexible, accurate, and design-oriented treatment of electronic circuits available today.
Amply illustrated by a wealth of examples and complemented by an expanded number of well-designed end-of-chapter problems and practice exercises, Microelectronic Circuits is the most current resource available for teaching tomorrow’s engineers how to analyze and design electronic circuits.
- A revised study of the MOSFET and the BJT and their application in amplifier design: Two short and completely parallel chapters (5 and 6) introduce each of the two transistor types. A new Chapter 7 follows with a combined treatment of transistor amplifiers, emphasizing the similarities and the important differences of the two devices and their unique areas of application.
- Improved treatment of such important topics as cascode amplifiers, frequency response, and feedback
- Reorganized and modernized coverage of Digital IC Design
- New topics, including Class D power amplifiers, IC filters and oscillators, and image sensors
- A new “expand-your-perspective” feature that provides relevant historical and application notes
- Two thirds of the more than 1500 end-of-chapter problems are new or revised
- A new Instructor’s Solutions Manual authored by Adel S. Sedra
- New and updated ancillaries for students include a Lab Manual, SPICE Simulations, and a revised and expanded website