Achieve success in your physics course by making the most of what PHYSICS FOR SCIENTISTS AND ENGINEERS has to offer you. From a host of in-text features to a range of outstanding technology resources, you’ll have everything you need to understand the natural forces and principles of physics.
Throughout every chapter, the authors have built in a wide range of examples, exercises, and illustrations that will help you understand the laws of physics AND succeed in your course! Available with most new copies of the text is CengageNOW for Physics. Save time, learn more, and succeed in the course with this online suite of resources that give you the choices and tools you need to study smarter and get the grade. Receive a personalized study plan based on chapter-specific diagnostic testing to help you pinpoint what you need to know NOW, and interact with a live physics tutor through the exclusive Personal Tutor with SMARTHINKING program to help you master the concepts.
- End-of-chapter questions and problems have been substantially revised
- Worked Examples. “Worked Example” has been recast in a two-column format, providing conceptual explanations next to the math for every step
- Audience Response System Solutions. Consisting of text-specific “Quick Quizzes”, animated “Active Figure” questions, and “Assessing to Learn in the Classroom” questions.
- Summaries. Each chapter contains a “Summary” that reviews the important concepts and equations discussed in that chapter
- Math Appendix. This valuable tool for students has been updated to show essential math concepts in a physics context.
- Problem Solving Strategy. A General Problem Solving Strategy is outlined early in the text
- Modeling. Certain chapters include “Analysis Models,” which are physical situations that occur so often that an understanding of them can be used as a model for solving an unfamiliar problem.
- Hallmark Problem Sets. An extensive set of problems is included at the end of each chapter.
- Questions. “Questions” at the end of each chapter include multiple-choice, ranking, and true-false. Over 800 questions are included in this edition.
- Pitfall Preventions. The text includes over 200 “Pitfall Preventions” to help students avoid common mistakes and misunderstandings.